Friday, April 24, 2009

The Blues

The cottage was a great adventure. Had a lot of beers and some good times. Can't wait to get back.

Now this is not so much a blog about anything but....meh,
I have decided that I am going to learn how to play the blues this summer. Why? Because the blues are awesome and the root of all music. So, I ask anybody who plays an instrument to take up this task with me. Or, if you could send me some cool links to awesome videos or books that I could buy during my learning process. Yes, this will be a self-taught adventure. The goal for the summer is to get good enough to participate at the LMC (where I work) Blues Jam every Thursday night.
I will post some mp3's of my own development throughout the summer, and blog about Bluesy things.
In short, IT IS THE SUMMER OF THE BLUES!!!!!! Ironically, this make me very happy and excited. 

See you soon

1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome summer project! You should definitely check out Michael Kaeshammer. He's a jazz/boogie woogie/blues piano player and singer. He has several albums out and there is some great original stuff on them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete